Wednesday, June 10, 2009

huh?

What is wrong with people today??

I heard about the horrific shooting at the Holocaust Museum in DC when I got home today. The news was speculating that this was a hate crime..... I hate to state the obvious, but DUH!

The old man (88) is a white supremacist and with a last name that sounds Germanic, I have to wonder if he wishes he could have been on the other side during the Nazi occupation. He is a WW2 veteran, having served as a captain on a PT boat during the war. ... I just had to wonder.

It brings back the harsh reality that there are people out there who are uncomfortable or even hate those who are not like them. Its like if you don't have the same skin color or associate with others of different races you are hated. I just don't understand that at all.

I take comfort knowing that people like that are few in number and that most keep their views to themselves and not force it on the public.

2 comments:

BeeOhVee said...

No kidding. This story really creeped me out when I heard it. Apparently this dude tried kidnapping people in the past because he was unhappy with the state of the economy.

The sad thing is, no matter how much progress people make, sickos like this will always polute humanity. It's just senseless.

Anonymous said...

This story hit so home... my family escaped from Germany to avoid these sickos.
I'm a firm believer that as our thirst for more realistic horror movies and shows grows... so do the appearance of these whacknuts.