Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Something new at work

Its always interesting when my boss drops by my desk, I never know what it is going to be about. Today an email was sent out asking if anyone had an interest in changing their working hours. I send back a reply saying my old hours would be nice. To my surprise, I get a drop by with some news that may put the cabash on the hour change (although I didn't really think my hours would have changed). Starting in April I will be one of the lucky on our executive que, meaning I need to stay available, while processing my other work, for any executives needing to make a change to their policies. Training will be happening next week, cuz I don't even know the layout of the type of policies. This will be interesting. I am fairly sure that I have to keep the current hours and be available till 5 pm, but you never know.

I am also supposed to be learning another new function this quarter, but have not heard much from the boss on that one, mental note, send email tomorrow to find out what is going on.

Tomorrow will be very educational. We are having a 90 min teaching/refresher class on something we all should have learned but seem to have forgotten with accident/tickets. I can't wait, I know I have a lot to learn and to untangle what I do know :) I am excited.... well as excited as I can be about the subject:)

No comments: