Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Am I crazy?

Well, that may not be the best thing to say... loaded question!

The other day my brother commented that he didn't know where my neice's hats were and she is getting another cold... thank you day care! Mom had the brilliant idea to say... your sister can make one because no one has winter stuff out anymore.

I am talking to mom on the way home, and as she is mentioning this I am mentally going through the yarns that I have accumulated seeing if I have anything suitable. This little munchkin has all pink coats, and while pink is my favorite color, I don't have a lot of pink with my yarn. I talk myself out of buying yet more yarn. I dug through my stash and found a couple of options ... too think, too pink, to thin... ah I have a partial skein of a light pink that I had made a cute scarf with last year.

I had all the best intentions to just start the hat, hopeing that I would get it done by Thursday when I see her next. I even had a basic pattern to follow. Wellother than eating dinner and a quick power nap on the couch I was knitting last night. It is very theraputic and easy to do while watching TV. The next think I know it was 11:30 at night and I was just stictching off the seams of the hat. This morning I made up a couple of pom poms and sewed them to the corners... Holy crap I made a hat in 1 night! I still can't believe it :) I hope its not too big, and I will post a pic in a few days when my model gets here!

3 comments:

BeeOhVee said...

Yaaaay You're turning into a spider lady like my Mom. :)

Dizzy Vizzy said...

Aww!! And it's the best hat since it was made with love!!

Anonymous said...

Wow that's awesome! I can only knit scarves....and not the BEST scarves at that. LOL I'm still a novice. ;-)