Thursday, August 5, 2010

Splish Splash

I love hearing the sound of rumbling thunder while I am laying in bed. Usually. But when it is a work day and I am woken up at 6 am, I start to wonder.

I questioned my sanity this morning as I was showering in another thunderstorm about 40 minutes later. Though about trying to outwait it, and then realized I could be sitting there a while.

I was warned about putting on shoes that could get wet so I could get through Heritage pond to my car. Armed with an umbrella and an armful of bags I make the walk/splash to the car. As soon as I neared the car the sky opened up AGAIN with downpours. Ok, time for the big umbrella. After a slow ride in to work switched umbrellas and splashed my way into the office.

As I am sitting here, I am listening to downpour of water on the roof above me. Man oh man it is coming down in sheets- sounds like a dull roar on the 3rd floor.

Am I the only one who gets a little freaked out taking a shower in a thunder storm?

No comments: