Thursday, February 5, 2009

Home cooking

One of the resolutions I made this year was to eat healthier: cook more at home. I am a lazy person and have to say I don't cook much. This week I have cooked a couple of times (with enough for leftovers) and both times they came out really good.

Sunday I made a 3 cheese and meatball rotini bake. I used whole wheat pasta, part skim riccotta and part skim mozzerella and parmesean cheese, meatballs, and Newman's own Sockarooni sauce. YUMMY, I baked it till it was nice and bubbly and the cheese was browned and crunchy on the top.

Wednesday night I made grilled chicken filets with Montreal chicken seasoning on my George Forman, and paired it with fresh steamed broccoli, and mashed sweet potatos, it was nice and simple but very filling.

I wonder what I am going to make next?

1 comment:

Dizzy Vizzy said...

It sounds yummy!! And here's another "lazy" tip - Ziploc steamer bags - fill with veggies, fish & seasonings - all goes in the microwave - clean up is simple - no stinky fish smell on George foreman grill!! :-)