Wednesday, July 6, 2011

grrrrrrrrr

I have been at my job now for 2 and a half months. I have a ton to learn- and its all learn as you go. The down side? I don't have a set 'mentor' and I am one of 6 people on my team- we are always busy right now. I feel bad when I have questions and I am pulling someone away from their work.

We had a new manager start a few weeks ago and she is still getting the lay of the land so to speek. There is a computer program that we use to track what work is assigned to us- so we can bill the right area..... I had to look over the ones assigned to me. I have 8- of which I was activley working on 3, one is upcoming, and 4 I had no knowledge of...

Bam! I felt completely blindsided. These 4 tasks were all started by a predecessor- none completed. If that wasn't bad enough, no one had thought to inform me of these unfinished projects. I now have to explain that they are new to me. One was started last Nov & never finished. I have a one on one meeting tomorrow with my boss and believe me, we will be talking about these.

I am very dissapointed about the person who let these slide or who chose not to do any thing else. Now I am going to be the responsible party. Grrrrrrrr

Thank you for listening to my rant. You may resume your day now!

No comments: