Monday, April 25, 2011

where has the time gone?

I can't believe that it has been over a month since I last blogged. What's happened in the last month? Lets see...

In the last installment, I was on my way to my job interview. Well, 2 weeks passed with no word. I was just about to call the recruiter to get the status of things, and I got an email from the hiring manager.... Ladies and gentlemen, I got a second interview! This time it was with 2 of the ladies on the team. Also an early meeting gave me exposure to commuting to the city.... not too bad.

I was back to work and back to working on the offshore project I was working on. I got a call
from the recruiter- I GOT THE JOB!! 66 People applied & I emerged victorious :) I had 2 weeks until the new job started. While I tried to focus, I know I was distracted the first day and the last few days.

On the 15th, I had a fun me day- shopping in the am and a celebration in the evening. Earlier in the year, I was identified as being a winner of The Excellence Award. The award is only eligible to the top 5% of the operations area of our company. 250 countrywide out of 5000 people! We were treated to a night of celebration in the capitol city- open bar, catered dinner, and a night in a downtown hotel!

One of my best friends competed in her first mtn bike race and rocked!

I started my new job in the company- am now a Sr Business Analyst/ Forms Consultant. Easy description- I am part of a team that is responsible for maintenance of forms that come in an insurance policy packet. I don't want to jinx myself, but the commute has been averaging about 15 min and have been able to park in a lot right across the street to the building I work in.

My actual training kicks off tomorrow- along with 2.5 hrs of call in meetings. The fun begins.

Spring is finally starting to arrive- will be in the 70's this week!
Enjoy the sunshine :)

No comments: