Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful

Thanksgiving is now over and done, and I was blessed to be able to have fun and spend time with almost every person in the family this year :) From a food perspective, it was interesting. I typically have 2 meals a day, with the first being at around 11:30-12:00. The feast yesterday was at 3....., so I planned ahead and had a simple egg sandwich on whole grain toast in the am. That enabled me to not snack on apps beforehand and be hampster hungry! I did have a pig in a blanket that my brother and neice made, but I was not compelled to eat and eat. I ate more than I planned, but stopped before I was stuffed.

After the feast we took a walk/hike through the woods to the nieghboring tree farm- so beautiful, and so New England - rows of different kinds of trees in various growth stages on the rolling hills and surrounded by stone walls and towering old trees. It was so beautiful and peaceful, I really wish I had brought a camera.

I ended the holiday with a trip to my aunt and uncle's to visit more famiy- and arrived just in time for the games. Got to play with the dogs as a cap to the day.

I was SO happy that the scale was the same this morning as yesterday. I had a great time and did not take too much of a side trip on this journey to getting smaller :) I am going to take it as a trial run/precursor to next month and the fun that awaits !

This year I am thankful for all of my friends and family, being employed and doing a job that challenges me, and am so thankful that I took a chance this summer on the wellness pilot program that is really changing my life and its all for the better!

No comments: